Friday, December 25, 2009

Journey to Bali

Hai readers! This is my first journey blog of me and my husband. We really love travelling and we always want to travel to many places. This first post is telling about my first journey of me and my husband (actually it was a honeymoon). The journey was planned well by Rian (my husband) who is a very good planner (two thumbs up for him!). Our first journey was to Bali, Lombok, and Gili Trawangan. It was an amazing journey though it was only 5 days, it seemed like 10 days ! and here's the journey story...

BALI

The journey to Bali was by plane from Husein Sastranegara airport,Bandung to Ngurah Rai airport, Bandung. It was a 2 hours flight and an evening flight so we experienced sunset on the plane ! It was really beautiful, Subhanallah !
Ngurah Rai Airport. Finally we arrived in Bali. We headed to our hotel in Sanur Beach, rested for a while and took a walk around outside for dinner. It was not as crowded as I thought to be. Along the street there are bars with loud music and cafes...most of them are european food restaurants. I was amazed of that coz it's kinda hard to find Indonesian food and most of them served pork. As we walked we saw this Indian restaurant...well kinda weird among the european cafes and bars...but at least the place is more calm with soft music and no pork in the menu. That's it....I was sooo hungry after the the long walk. We ordered lamb and Indian tea. It was sooo good, very tasty, and rich of garlics! Indian food in Bali...kinda weird but delicious !!!
The garlic taste remained in my tongue though I already brushed my teeth ! LoL !

The next day, I and Rian were picked up in the hotel by Bali Hai Cruises driver. From our hotel in Sanur it ony took 30 minutes by car to Benoa Port.
When we arrived there, we could see the boat ! Exciting ! The name of the boat is "Bali Hai II". The passengers were mostly tourists from abroad, usually Australia and Japan. I and Rian were the only Indonesian passenger on board.
Before getting into the boat we were served a traditional dance and in the boat we were served breakfast. The boat journey was so exciting....the sea...the islands...the live music on the boat. The boat journey to Bali Hai pontoon in Lembongan Bay took about 30 minutes. During raining season though the weather is sunny, the wave is kind of big it can make you sick, so always prepare the medicine.
Finally we arrived in the pontoon, it looks fun ! I can't get the photo from above so I got it from the Bali Hai Cruises website. Here is the pic.
We could do snorkling, banana boat, slide on 35 meters long water slide and ends by thrown to the sea (I tried this! and you should try this too!), reef submarine, Nusa Lembongan village tour, all day long.....very nice! We also had lunch on the pontoon, and again no traditional food served...only european food...and seafood :'( but the seafood is delicious though, salty raw fish fillet just like sushi...yummyy...
The village tour was to see the villagers daily activity. The people in Nusa Lembongan earn living by harvesting sea weeds.
During rainy season (November, December, January) with high sea tide, they only get small amount of sea weed so that they also sell hand made craft made by them self. The guide took us to the community facility in the village such as public school, medical center, temples, and cemetry. Because I'm Indonesian it didn't look very weird to me but for the tourists from Korea, Australia, and India, it's very attracting. The villager also showed their ability of climbing coconut tree...I thought I've seen that a lot of times before. At the end of the tour, we were served coconut drink from coconut tree. It healed my dehydration of the sun heat. After the drink we went back to the pontoon and prepared ourselves for the return journey to Bali.
The cruise activity ended at 15:00. We went back to Bali by the same boat and driven to our hotel in Sanur by Bali Hai driver. Such a fun experience....the weather was so hot too that my skin burned!
At night, I and Rian went for dinner. The dinner was at Blue Marlin Restaurant at Jimbaran Beach. A lot of tourists eating there on Jimbaran beach. There are about 20s restaurants along Jimbaran Beach. Don't ever miss eating at Jimbaran Beach if you go to Bali...it serves beach view, traditional performance, traditional food (finally...), and fun!
This is my last night in Bali (and my skin was already burned...), the next day I and Rian had to catch up the plane to Lombok.

No comments:

Post a Comment